A-A-P[The A-A-P Project -- concluded on 2003]
The A-A-P project intends to provide a series of tools for
developing, distributing and installing software. The two main
aap (a replacement for
agide (the A-A-P GUI IDE).
The agide program provides a portable framework to combine existing programs. Agide provides interfaces between editors, viewers, debuggers, cross referencers, etc. These are used connect any editor to any debugger, without the need to implement every combination. Agide relates to many existing tools and adds the glue to make them work together.
A central element is the A-A-P recipe. It is a powerful replacement for Makefiles and shell scripts. The Aap program is used to execute the recipes. It can be used for building software, version control, maintaining a web site, installing ported software, and much more.
- The project's own website
- 2004/04/14: A large article about A-A-P was featured in LinuxJournal edition May 2004.
- 2003/10/10: Zimbu Awards for Adriaan de Groot, Rui Lopez, and Jörg Beyer.
- 2003/07/04: A-A-P releases version 1.0, and celebrates it with contest ("Win the A-A-P Award") and a presentation on OSCON2003. More in this progress report.
- A-A-P has its place on SourceForge as well. Look there or on the project's own website for more documentation, mailing lists, and tools. website