JigLibJS[JigLibJS -- concluded on 2011/02/01]
Within the project a demo application showcasing the potential of this library and of WebGL will be produced, this in order to stimulate interest and participation in the open source community. The major aims of this project are:
- to prove the use of WebGL as a viable replacement for plugins.
- to help with the implementation of WebGL in browsers by providing regression and performance test results.
- to stimulate growth in the Open Source community around WebGL by giving them a library and an attractive Demo to work with.
- to attract and encourage contributors to WebGL by placing all source code and documentation in the public domain using the BSD license for both code and documentation.
- to stimulate the use of the open standard WebGL (instead of closed solutions such as Flash, Silverlight etc.) by the web development community.
- to facilitate innovation in 3D physics based UI design and interactivity online.
- The project's own website